Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Freedom!

Well, at least for two and a half weeks!  Yep, that's right, we are on vacation!  We are leaving tonight for two wonderful weeks far from Paris, and I couldn't be more excited to get away.  We plan to leave around 8pm to head here:


Two weeks in Arcachon.  Of course, this means we are spending our vacation with my in-laws, since they live in La Teste de Buch, the city that surrounds the city of Arcachon.  But that is fine with me because I'm lucky enough to have very nice in-laws who I really like.  Their house is only 10 minutes from the beach and we will spend two weeks relaxing at the beach (I hope, because the weather forecast isn't looking too great for the moment), going out on the boat to the Ile aux oiseaux and the Banc d'Arguin, eating good food, biking around, canoeing with friends, going to the lake de Cazaux, visiting the Dune de Pyla, and just relaxing far from the stress of Paris and our jobs.

We are bringing the little furball with us, and we are going to leave him with Lionel's parents for four days to spend some time visiting la Dordogne, which I'm really looking forward to.  It's a part of France I have never visited and have always dreamed of exploring so I'm going to do as much as possible in those four days.

Don't know if I'll have a lot of time to post while I'm gone, but I'll try, especially if it's raining.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time! It's a beautiful area. Make sure to take lots of pics for us!

    ReplyDelete