Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Metz

On the drive back from Germany, my friends and I stopped for a couple of hours in Metz.  We had just enough time to walk around and explore a bit, grab a quick lunch, and then hop back in the car for the drive back to Paris.  Even with such little time in the city, I was very impressed.  Metz is a beautiful city and I really liked it.  I don't know what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Since I wasn't there very long, I don't know much about the city, we mostly just walked around to see a few of the sites recommended on the map.  So, if you want more information about the city, or what it is like to live there, check out this blog by an American living in Metz.  But here are a few photos to picque your interest:

The Moselle River in Metz

Temple Neuf

Cathedrale St. Etienne

Porte des Allemands

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you liked it :-)

    word verification was "costless"! As in, visiting Metz is a priceless experience? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, i think that's it, visiting metz is a priceless experience! anyway, beautiful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may find useful my websites : to learn French for free, http://www.frenchspanishonline.com/beginnersfrench/freefrench.html is with audio vocabulary, videos, games, French expressions for beginners (Ratounet the muppet sings for kids) and advanced level students
    and www.frenglishnews.com is for news in English and in French with audio.

    ReplyDelete