Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Soaking up the sun

Lionel and I have been taking full advantage of the the unseasonably beautiful weather and the record high temperatures (it's been in the 80s here all week!) to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.  Here are a few pictures from some of our recent hikes, unfortunately all taken on my cell, so the quality isn't that great:

Horseshoe Falls

Flat Fork Creek

Horseshoe Falls

Caesar Creek Lake

Caesar Creek Lake

On our most recent hike out to Flat Fork Creek and Horseshoe Falls, we encountered a couple of snakes, which we later discovered were blue racer snakes.  And after 6 years together I managed to learn something else I didn't know about my husband, he is terrified of snakes!  His reaction to the snakes was somewhat akin to my reaction when I find a bug crawling anywhere near me in the house (I literally shriek and jump on the nearest couch/chair/table)!  He was so freaked out after we saw the second snake that he kept begging me to go back to the car and leave, but I finally managed to convince him to continue on to the falls before heading back, with me leading the way of course in case we saw another snake on the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment