Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Parrothead fun

Last weekend one of my favorite singers was doing a show in Paris and naturally Lionel and I were in attendance.  It was that time of year again - Parrotheads in Paris season for a weekend of Jimmy Buffett concerts - and it was delightful!  I made it a point to see his Paris show in 2009 and 2010 but unfortunately couldn't go the last three years so I was thrilled to be back!  This year's concerts were at La Cigale, which I was happy about because when I went in 2010 the show was at L'Olympia and they did a horrible job hosting a Jimmy Buffett show.

waiting in line in front of La Cigale

Lionel and I only planned to go to the Saturday night show, skipping the Friday night show so I wouldn't have to take time off of work. Not to mention that, at 70 euros a ticket, hitting both shows could make for one very expensive weekend! So back in January, as soon as tickets went on sale, I made sure to get two, and good thing I did because both Paris shows were sold out in under a week!

 the beginning of the concert

The concert was incredible, as usual, and we took advantage of the rest of the weekend in Paris to visit with friends. It was Lionel's first ever Jimmy Buffett concert and he really hesitated to go (I had to force him and he took a lot of slack from his friends) but in the end he absolutely loved it.  The entire experience - the music, the ambiance, the audience, the dressing up Parrothead style - seems to have convinced him because he's already talking about going to the concert next year. Which I'm thrilled about cause it won't be a battle to get him to agree to come and now I'll always have someone to see Jimmy Buffett with!  Though next year I'm bringing a better camera and taking more pictures!

view of the show from the back of La Cigale 

Lionel and I having fun at the concert in full parrothead attire...inflatable parrot and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment