Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend in Angers

This past weekend I visited my friend Julie in Angers in the Anjou region (or Maine-et-Loire department).  I arrived Friday night on an extremely expensive TGV and left Sunday afternoon on another, equally expensive TGV. 

city of Angers

I was shocked to discover how beautiful Angers is.  The city is located on the Maine River and boasts a medieval chateau, an interesting cathedral and lots of old, small streets and half-timbered houses.

Angers and the cathedral from the banks of the Maine River

On Friday night, Julie took me out to her favorite bar and we spent hours catching up.  On Saturday, we mostly stayed near her place, a bit outside of the center of the city and we spent the afternoon walking around and relaxing...just enjoying spending some time together.  On Sunday we headed into the center and walked around and she showed me the cathedral and the chateau before we had to head to the train station so I could go back to Paris.

Julie and I

chateau d'Angers

street in Angers

cathedrale d'Angers

Overall the weekend was relaxing and amazing and I had a great time with Julie and discovering her city.

Julie and I visiting Angers

No comments:

Post a Comment