Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Burger King de retour en France?

...nope!  But it's a hop, skip and a jump away...in London.
 
The other day I was taking the metro home, and as I passed thru Chatelet, I looked up to see how many people were getting on, only to see a wall of posters with the Burger King logo and a hamburger.  I immediately got excited at the idea of Burger King returning to France...Burger King à deux pas d'ici!  Yes! I thought, and then I noticed at the bottom of the posters, (because seriously, there are like 5 alone at Chatelet on the line 7) London in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
 
I immediately thought this was some kind of cruel joke seeing as many French people are upset that Burger King ever even left France.  But no, Eurostar is actually advertising Burger King in London to try to attract people who miss the fast food restaurant and are willing to travel to another country to get it. Apparently the French blogosphere and Twitter community have been going crazy about Burger King coming back and the French seem to have been very excited about the possible return of Burger King...but oh, joke's on us cause they aren't coming back!  This just seems mean to me!
 

 
Honestly, I'm not even that big of a Burger King fan, but I do prefer it to most other fast food hamburger restaurants and I would be happy to be able to go from time to time if it were back in France...but I'm certainly not taking the Eurostar to London just to get Burger King!  Who had the idea for this advertisement because it's just ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment