Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quatorze Juillet





In celebration of le 14 juillet (or as us Americans like to call it, Bastille Day) we invited a few friends over and I made a kinda Frenchie feast along with plenty of good (though expensive) French wine.  I really wanted to do something for Lionel because he's having a very hard time adjusting to the US and he's really missing France.  In fact we both are.

 yum...wine!

So what delicious French foods graced our table and acted as a bit of an introduction to la gastronomie francaise for our friends?

the poulet basquaise

Well to start we had some little aperitifs/entrees, fig and olive tapenade and savory palmiers.  Then came the main course, poulet basquaise and finally I made an Americanized dessert of bleu, blanc,  rouge cake which would normally be red, white and blue cake for the 4th but hey, the colors worked, it was pretty easy and I am certainly no pastry chef!

some photos of the bleu, blanc, rouge gateau, not very pretty but as I said, I'm not a pastry chef!

1 comment:

  1. (insert sarcasm)Boy, I'm sure glad I read this post first thing in the morning. It really perked up my microwavable waffle. (end sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete