Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Check in

Thought I would write a quick post while I had the chance to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about my blog and that Lionel, Rasteau and I have all safely arrived in France.  Lionel and I had an amazing time on our road trip and I'll post tons of pictures as soon as we manage to get internet.

Since our road trip things have been extremely busy what with dealing with the sale of both our cars, packing all our belongings for the move to France, dealing with various paperwork in the US (car insurance, cell phones, bank stuff, etc), visiting with friends and family in the US, shopping, two very long and stressful trips to France (more on that later), work and some very exciting work related news that I got the day I came back from the road trip, but which has added a lot of stress to the entire moving process.  Suffice it to say that we are exhausted and stressed right now, but happy to be in Bordeaux!

Since our arrival in France we've been very busy dealing with paperwork (I had forgotten just how much I hate the words "justificatif de domicile," and I now have a new enemy, the Certicode) and the house.  Let's just say I hadn't really realized just how much work there was going to be to do upon arrival.  We are living in a veritable chantier, and I feel like there is no end in sight!  We can't even really unpack or set anything up as the only really functional rooms in the house at the moment are two of the bedrooms, and unfortunately the one not being used is the one we are eventually going to use as our bedroom, not to mention all the shopping I need to do to get us comfortable.  Add to that the stress of my unexpected work news and I'm practically going crazy!

Anyway, we are fighting our way through the misery of French bureaucracy and I'm hoping (praying really) that we will have internet next Tuesday.  My fingers are also crossed that we will manage to have at least one cell phone by the end of this week.

Once things are more settled I will post not only a blog about our road trip but also some more details of our move and current situation as well as the house renovations.  Until then, I'm off to bed because I have a long day of painting and sanding plaster ahead of me tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating. I was wondering about you.

    I'm glad you made it to Bordeaux safe and sound and that you're happy to be there (even though Bordeaux is going through a serious rainy spell right now).

    Things are always hectic at the beginning. And welcome back to France - it wouldn't be France without all the bureaucracy. Everything will get sorted out with time.

    I'm really curious about the job front. It sounds promising so congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I've been wondering about you, too! Best of luck with the settling in (I know how stressful it can be!) and am curious about your job, too. Not many prospects over here in Isère :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Den Nation, Thanks! I'm definitely happy to be here but I'm also very tired of the rain and cool weather!

    Crystal, Thanks! Things are advancing slowly but I hope to be at least a little more settled in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete