Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy holidays!

Lionel and I are enjoying another American Christmas here in the States with my family.  Overall we've had a good Christmas but I know that the holiday season has been kinda hard for Lionel...he misses his family and their holiday traditions a lot. I can understand because the holiday season is a really hard time to be so far from family and friends and to be in a different culture far from the customs and traditions you associate with this season.  So overall Lionel is a bit down though I've been trying hard to incorporate some of what he misses.  But it's just not the same.

But we know that next year we will be spending the holidays in France so I'm really trying to take advantage of the chance to spend the holidays with my family.  We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and then drove up to Columbus today to spend Christmas day with my extended family at my aunt's house.  We've been eating a lot (too much!) and overall it has been a good Christmas.  Plus my company actually decided to be nice to us and decided at the last minute to let us have Christmas Eve off so I've enjoyed a wonderful four day weekend...the longest stretch of time I've been off work in over a year!

Merry Christmas to everyone and have a happy holiday season!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment