Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mowed down par ma voiture...

Here it is, New Year's Eve, and instead of reflecting on 2012 or talking about what's to come in 2013, I'm going to write about my stupidity.

Thursday night I managed to get run over, or rather mowed down, by my own car.  That's right, hit by my very own little car.  I pulled into my parents driveway, which is on a bit of a slope, and must have been so tired that I forgot to put the emergency brake on, so as I stepped out of the car and stood gathering my things with the door open, my car started rolling back down the driveway.  The force of the car's movement caused the door to knock me down and I found myself trapped between the door and the body of my car.  I was rolled/dragged most of the way down the driveway before I managed to understand what was happening.  I finally processed it and luckily thought to flatten myself to the ground so the car door would pass over my body, rather than taking me the rest of the way down the driveway and into the mailbox post and trash cans that it eventually crashed into, stopping it.

Luckily, though I was freaking out and shaking at the time, I wasn't really hurt.  I've been sore the past few days, but all I've really got are nasty bruises all over my body and a huge and painful scrape on my knee.  I'm very lucky that I didn't end up under the car or have any part of my body run over by the wheels.  Give it another week and all I should have to remind me of my lack of smoothness will be a scar on my knee.

Also fortunately, my car didn't even suffer a scratch, despite crashing into the mailbox and taking it down and riding up on top of a trashcan.  The real sufferers of my stupidity were the mailbox, my watch which is scratched to hell, and my Longchamp bag which is also scratched and torn.

Not the best way to end 2012, but at least I'm ok and didn't end up in the hospital!

Have a great New Year's Eve!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! That's so scary! I'm so relieved you are ok, because it could have been a lot worse. I bet you'll never forget the hand brake now...

    Well hopefully 2013 will be a lot better than 2012 for you. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the move back to France. I'd love to meet up in person when you are back here 5(you are more than welcome down here in the Alps any time).

    Happy new year (and be careful!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, Happy new year to you too!

    It was pretty scary and I'm very lucky I wasn't hurt more than I was because it definitely could have been much worse.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 2013 will be better than 2012. I'm definitely feeling good about it and looking very forward to the move back to France. I'm planning to post more about the move soon and I'm hoping that it all goes smoothly.

    I would love to meet up in person once I get back to France! And the Alps would be great :) Plus, Lionel and I have good friends in Grenoble so we are certain to be making our way out that direction!

    ReplyDelete