Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I'm back

It has been ages since I’ve posted or even kept up with any of the blogs I normally follow. I’ve been a bad blogger. But in the past week or two I’ve started catching up with some of my favorite blogs which made me miss blogging and convinced me to return after a long hiatus. So why such a long break? Well, there are a lot of reasons why I’ve kept away not only from my blog, but also from the blogosphere for the past 4-5 months. But what it all comes down to is unhappiness with my current situation.

The move to the US has been much harder than I ever thought, and isn’t exactly going as planned, to say the least. As a result I haven’t wanted to read about anyone else’s happy lives, life in France, experiences abroad, etc. I especially have not wanted to read anything about France since it just brings me down. I have been working hard to avoid everything I can that has to do with France…books, movies, blogs, magazines, TV shows, restaurants, etc. I just can’t handle it. The only way for me to really avoid blogs about France has been to also avoid my blog, hence the lack of activity.

Also, I just haven’t had anything really to say. I mean, I’ve written up one or two depressing blog posts in the past months, but haven’t managed to get myself to post them. I haven’t been wanting to sound completely miserable and I’ve been trying to avoid complaining constantly on my blog, so I’ve found I don’t have much to say. I’ve had ideas for maybe 5 other, less depressing posts, but I haven’t actually written them up. But I’m going to try to do better and actually post about some of these ideas, as well as some of my more depressing thoughts, and try to find other things to post about as well. I’m determined to get back into blogging and I’m no longer going to shy away or avoid other blogs just because they talk about France.

So, if anyone is actually still reading this blog, consider this the official return of Michele’s life en franglais. I’m really going to do my best to stick with it this time, and I already have quite a few posts planned including what has been going on in my life the past 4-5 months and some big news.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your move back to the US hasn't been as easy as you expected. It's ok to write about things going badly (sometimes the internet can be full of support!). Hope things start looking up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! We've missed you. I'm sorry to hear it's more difficult being back in the US than you had thought it would be. Live and learn, I suppose. Is a move back to France totally out of the question at this point? Sending you positive vibes and wishing you a happy holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica - Thanks for the support and thanks for reading! I'm sure there will be posts about things going badly, and things going well (fingers crossed) in the future, now that I'm back to blogging.

    Crystal - Thanks! It feels great to be back! It has been difficult being back in the US, but at the same time it's made me realize what I really value and what I really want so it isn't all bad. More news coming soon about our plans for the future. And happy holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete