Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Une semaine de ouf

Well, I haven't posted in awhile, and it's because I've been quite busy!  It started two weekends ago, and there is no end in sight!

The craziness started with a going away party/barbeque at my apartment for my friend, Jasmin's, imminent departure (more on that later).  After a very fun and late night of French and American food and drink, the rest of the weekend and all of last week was crazy because my friend Julie was staying with me while visiting from Angers and we were trying to spend as much time together and also with Jasmin, all while I was working and trying to settle in at my new job!

This weekend wasn't much better since it was Jasmin's last weekend in Paris and she had a few things she wanted to be sure to do on Friday night with all her friends such as visiting Nicolas at Bercy Village one last time and having one last night with wine along the Seine.  We ended up having a huge group for Bercy Village and then the quais, so it was quite fun, despite a little mishap with Marybeth's bag which was almost stolen (it's already been stolen 2 or 3 times in less than a year!).

Even though Julie left on Saturday and I didn't really do anthing else exciting over the weekend, I was very busy getting a million things done that I have been putting off (some of which has been put off since the end of my vacation) such as cleaning, organizing papers from the old job, getting everything really set up and organized for the new job (I've kinda been flying by the seat of my pants for the last few weeks because I haven't really had time to get organized how I wanted), etc.  We also had to drive up to Jasmin's apartment last night to pick up a bunch of things, such as books and clothes, that she is leaving to me since she can only bring two suitcases back with her to the US.  I also inherited her eliptical machine...so here's hoping it motivates me to work out and get into shape and at least lose some of the extra pounds I picked up in the US!

Not to mention this week is busy with work, Jasmin's last days, ANOTHER strike on Thursday, a very exciting concert on Friday night, and then Cambridge Day on Saturday!  Since I still haven't gotten all my stuff organized, I will have that to work on Sunday as well as housework, paperwork for work and tons of mail to go through concerning our new bank accounts (did I mention I opened a new bank account at La Poste - actually a checking account and a Livret A (my first Livret A in France) - and Lionel and I also FINALLY opened our joint account at La Poste).

I'm glad I have had a lot to do and I'm glad things are going well so far with my new job, but I'm ready for things to calm down a bit.  Unfortunately, there isn't really an end in sight, but I'm sure I'll get through it all!  Maybe I'll be able to relax around mid October!

No comments:

Post a Comment